History of Maithili Language and its Literature (Answer to be written in Maithili)
History of Maithili Language
- Place of Maithili in Indo-European language family.
- Origin and development of Maithili language. (Sanskrit, Prakrit, Avhatt, Maithili)
- Periodic division of Maithili Language. (Beginning, Middle era, Modern era)
- Maithili and its different dialects.
- Relationship between Maithili and other Eastern languages (Bengali, Assamese, Oriya).
- Origin and development of Tirhuta Script.
- Pronouns and Verbs in Maithili Language.
History of Maithili Literature
- Background of Maithili Literature (Religious, economic, social, cultural).
- Periodic division of Maithili literature.
- Pre-Vidyapati Literature.
- Vidyapati and his tradition.
- Medieval Maithili Drama (Kirtaniya Natak, Ankai Nat, Maithili dramas written in Nepal).
- Maithili Folk Literature (Folk Tales, Folk Drama, Folk Stories, Folk Songs).
- Development of different literary forms in modern era.
(d) Short Story
- Development of Maithili Magazines and Journals.
(Answers must be written in Maithili)
The paper will require first-hand reading of the prescribed texts and will test the critical ability of the candidates.
- Vidyapati Geet-Shati-Publisher : Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi (Lyrics- 1 to 50)
- Govind Das Bhajanavali-Publisher : Maithili Academy, Patna (Lyrics – 1 to 25).
- Krishnajanm – Manbodh
- Mithilabhasha Ramayana – Chanda Jha (only Sunder-Kand)
- Rameshwar Charit Mithila Ramayan – Lal Das (only Bal-kand)
- Keechak-Vadh-Tantra Nath Jha.
- Datta-Vati-Surendra Jha ‘Suman’ (only 1st and 2nd Cantos).
- Samakaleen Maithili Kavita – Publisher : Sahitaya Akademi, New Delhi.
- Varna Ratnakar – Jyotirishwar (only 2nd Kallol)
- Khattar Kakak Tarang – Hari Mohan Jha.
- Prithvi Putra-Lalit
- Bhaphait Chahak Jinagi-Sudhanshu ‘Shekar’ Choudhary.
- Kirti Rajkamlak-Publisher : Maithili Academy, Patna (First Ten Stories only).
- Katha-Sangrah-Publisher : Maithili Academy, Patna.
- Maithili Sahityak Itihas – Dr. Durganath Jha “Shreesh”, Jaykant Mishra, Dr. Dinesh Kumar Jha
- Maithili Patrakaritak Itihas – Chandranath Mishra Amar
- Tirhuta Lipik Vikas – Dr. Rajeshwar Jha
- Maithili Kathak Vikas – Sahitya Academy, New Delhi
- Maithili Padyak Vikas – Sahitya Academy, New Delhi
- Maithili Gadyak Vikas – Sahitya Academy, New Delhi
- Maithili Parichayika
Previous Year Question Papers:
|Paper – 1||Paper – 1||Paper – 1||Paper – 1||Paper 1|