You want to become an IAS officer. You need to score top ranking (within 100) in UPSC Civil Service Exam. You want to become an IAS officer. You need to score top ranking (within 100) in UPSC Civil Service Exam.You want to become an IAS officer. You need to score top ranking (within 100) in UPSC Civil Service Exam.
Prepare for UPSC from Home
UPSC is not as tuffest as it seems to be.
Now with lot of materials and guidance available online, you can study from home itself
|Lot of interferences
|Economical||Monotonous if you don’t have a study group
|Difficult to maintain a daily routine|
|Family Support||Noone to monitor your preparation|
But again, you are the one who can alter the disadvantages. If you are determined enough then the disadvantages are mere reasons.
How to Start Study for UPSC at Home
Prepare a schedule.
- You need to complete atleast one good reading before 6 months to the actual exam date
- Those 6 months should be only for revision, practice tests and current affairs updations
Optional Subject Preparation
- Shortlist on one optional subject
- Allot atleast 2 hours per day for your optional subject
- Complete standard books/ notes for optionals
- Write answers to previous 10 year optional question papers
- Now supplement your answers with relevant current affairs you find for the optional topic
- Revise your notes and answers thoroughly.
- This much is more than enough for optional exam preparation
General Studies Preparation
- Go through the syllabus pattern, reference books and strategy here
- Collect only the must read books – We shall provide the soft copy if needed
- Read the standard text books
- Practice prelims and mains questions on that subject
- Revise, Revise and Revise
- Read any one newspaper regularly. Follow any one good website for current affairs
- Write answers or opinions on current issues or questions. You must do this exercise everyday for atleast 30 minutes
- Review your answers yourself or from a mentor or study group. Your answers must always be balanced , well-structured and resourceful. It comes through regular answer writing practice
- You can join our online mentorship program to discipline your preparation.
Please go through each link below in detail thoroughly to understand about UPSC CSE Exam Pattern. Call us back if you have any doubts
Check about our Mentorship Program details here – https://iasjunior.com/online-mentorship/
Check our sample study notes here https://iasjunior.com/sample-approach/
You can register here: https://iasjunior.com/register-2/