You want to become an IAS officer. You need to score top ranking (within 100) in UPSC Civil Service Exam.
You want to become an IAS officer. You will become one with your confidence and disciplined study
You might have observed by now that there is loads and loads of study materials available online and in book stores.
What to study, what not to study, which coaching / website material is good, which is not, which books are must read ones etc – student get exhausted in them.
Our approach is to do selective study. Believe it or not, none of the study materials is going to help you in your exam if you don’t follow an approach and study smartly!
Yes, digest it. What you have understood and assimilated from reading some standard books coupled with your intellectual, problem solving and presentable quality is the one that is going to make you the Winner.
So, stop collecting many materials. Stick to one notes, Most of the notes have the same content with little additions and deletions. Understand the concepts. Think, think on how this knowledge will help you in your service. How better you can use what you have learnt in the exams.
Examiner would have corrected thousands of answers, he can easily make out which answer is from which book or coaching material/ website
Use these notes and books as the base but bring out your originality in the exam performance.
Answer Writing is the key to crack UPSC Mains Examination.
Hurdles in Answer Writing Practice:
- Students think they need to read all the books first before trying answer writing
- Students get confused to understand what exactly the Question is demanding
- Students panic when they read better answers and procrastinate writing practice.
- Lack of time to read and write answers make them choose reading first.
How to overcome the hurdles:
- You should not wait to complete reading before practicing answer writing. It will be a blunder if you do that.
- However less time you have, you have to spare atleast 20% of your daily study time in writing
- Instead of making notes from the text books, please try to write answers to the questions from that topic.
- Initially, your answers will not be good. It happens with everyone. But with consistent practice, you will improve a lot. You will know for yourself , and that will further boost your confidence , which will in turn make you prepare better and enjoy the study journey
- If you have a study group, you can exchange answers to know about other person opinions too. You will be less critical about your answers. Initial feedback on your answers will help you improvise faster. You can join our mentorship program to get evaluation feedback from experts
All the Best 🙂
|UPSC Mains General Studies Details||https://iasjunior.com/upsc-mains/|
|UPSC Mains Optional Details||https://iasjunior.com/optional-subjects-and-languages/|
|UPSC CSE Mains Exam||Books|
|UPSC Mains Essay||· Newspaper Editorials|
· Contemporary Essays for Civil Services Examination – Ramesh Singh
|UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 1||· Bipan Chandra’s Struggle For India’s Independence|
· World History – Old NCERT
· Class 11th and 12th New NCERTS Geography
· Indian Society – Ram Ahuja
· Oxford School Atlas – Oxford.
|UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 2|
|UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 3|
|UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 4|
Check about our Mentorship Program details here – https://iasjunior.com/online-mentorship/
Check our sample study notes here https://iasjunior.com/sample-approach/
You can register here: https://iasjunior.com/register-2/